Sunday 5 May 2013

Music Star

It was National Scrapbooking Day in the US yesterday so I decided to do something I have been wanting to do for ages - I made a Scrapbook Layout.

My layout is about my youngest son, Laurence, he certainly is a 'Music Star' - he plays, sings and records music, he has two recordings on YouTube.

He knows everything about Pop Music - you can ask him who recorded a song, the date it was released, what position it got to in the charts, anything you want to know and he will tell you and he can go back to the 1970's.


I have used traditional methods to create my layout, I love CD crafting and digital images and papers but I still like to print them out and adhere them, I find this the most enjoyable part of crafting. Even though postage costs are becoming ridiculous I still like to feel the weight and dimension of a traditionally made project.

I really enjoyed making this layout and I think it might be the first of many.

I would like to enter my layout into the following challenges:

Red Carpet Studio Challenge 35 - Use black as a prominent colour
Joanna Sheen Challenge - Music & Lyrics
Divas by Design - Add a Number
The Paper Shelter - Music Maestro
4 Crafty Chicks Challenge 140 - Stars
Moving Along with the Times Challenge - One for the Guys
Allsorts Challenge Week 205 - Add some Sparkle (glitter stars)
As You Like It Challenge 1 - Favourite Die and/or Punch (X-cut Star die - so useful for boys/children's cards but can also be used for females)

Thank you for calling today, I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend, the weather has been beautiful here today - long may it last!

Pauline
x

29 comments:

KandA said...

This is super Pauline (something I've never tried). Great photos and I like the layout with the fab papers xx

catherine said...

Great scrapbook page Pauline and thanks for joining in our challenge over at Allsorts with your sparkly stars
x catherine

Sharon said...

This is a fab layout Pauline and love the photos. Your son sounds like Russ (my husband) he knows all there is to know about music, though he doesn't sing - that is my joy. You will have to send the link so that we can listen to him on You tube.
Hugs Sharon. x

rachel said...

brilliant LO Pauline - fabulous work - your son looks so happy! Brilliant pictures xx

Pia S said...

It's a great way to showcase photos - much better to use them on layouts than to have them in a drawer or on the computer. I think this design is really nice - well done!

Sue said...

This is wonderful Pauline. I love your photos. The colours and layout are fabulous.
Sue xx

Mirella said...

Great LO, and a very impressive son! :) Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week! Hugs, Mirella

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Great Layout Pauline, love it. Oh would love to hear your son, so put up the link to his you tube videos
Cindy

Wendy said...

Fabulous scrapbook layout, great photos...Thanks for joining us at Joanna Sheen challenge this fortnight.
Wendy xx

Carol said...

Wow Pauline this is fabulous, love your design and the fab photos. Carol x

Beryl said...

A lovely layout and page Pauline. I'm with you not the traditional thing. It's great to have a play in CAP but I always feel it's a bit of a cheat if I don't layer it all up in the conventional way.
Beryl xx

Jules said...

Hi Pauline

What a fabulous layout .. .. love the colours and great pictures.

Your Son sounds very gifted!

I hope you are having a good bank holiday.

Love Jules xx

Unknown said...

FANTASTIC layout Pauline, your son is a handsome guy and love the scrapping side of you...xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Pauline a fabulous layout, your son looks in a world of his own!! I have done a couple of layouts and do like to do the traditional way where you can see the depth and touch it! Susan x

Melodie said...

Your LO looks really great.
Hugs
Melodie

Lozzy said...

Great design Pauline for your son and the photos are great to. You have to let us no how we can have a listen, be great..Hugs Lozzy xx

julie_woolston said...

Fabulous layout Pauline
Hugs Julie xx

Sue B said...

This is a fab layout Pauline! I love the photos and the gorgeous papers… the stars and word embellies are perfect! I have so many wonderful photos of my daughter growing up ... I must find time to scan them and make some scrapbook pages with them.... both digitally and physically... :-))
Hope your eldest son is feeling a lot better now!
Take Care
Big hugs
Sue xx

Debs said...

Great layout Pauline, and fits so well with this weeks theme.
Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter's Music Maestro theme this week.
Hugs Debs

Unknown said...

This page really rocks Pauline, it definitely has star quality! Supercool page!! Big hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Merkkari said...

Wow :) I love your layout! They look so cool! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Shelter Challenge, hugs Merkkari

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our Stars Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

Ellen Taylor said...

Fantastic layout and photos Pauline! A rockin`great page!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great layout hun, love the colours & stars!

Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Aunty Sue said...

what a fab layout and page. thanks for sharing with us at Divas by Design

Lori Turner said...

Super fabulous layout!! Love all those stars ;) Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week for our STARS challenge :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Pauline I think you have done an amazing job with your first layout how fabulous it is!! Hope your son continues to enjoy his music too! Great choice of dies!

Thanks for joining in with our first challenge at As You Like It,

hugs Samantha :0)

Craftnut said...

Thanks for adding some sparkle to our challenge at allsorts this week. Tracy x

Michelle J M said...

Somehow I missed this gorgeous page of your gorgeous son! Super layout and colours, a wonderful keepsake. Michelle x